Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Better Keep Moving Or You'll Get Runned Over!

So things have been moving faster than fast lately and I figured it was about time that I stopped smelling the roses and started shoveling the manure faster. 

All around me things are changing and most of it has to do with new schedules and new responsibilities.  My husband and son are both very self sufficient.  That's not bragging, they basically are.  That doesn't mean that I don't ASSUME that they need me to help them get through their day.  They do.  They don't always tell me so, but I know they do.  

The last couple of months have been something of a cake-walk in terms of my responsibilities.  My son was studying for his EMT certification and was out more than in.  That's cool, it meant that hubby and I could spend more time together, everyone could feed themselves, wash themselves and dress themselves and we all pretty much coexisted in a kind of roommate-ish melange. Of course two of the roommates are sleeping together, but I digress. 

Since the holidays started, we have all been burning it at both ends.  Family in town, gifts to buy, cleaning, cooking and more shopping.  And then Firefighter I & II started and we can't just shuffle off to dinner 4 nights a week anymore.  Junior has to study.  Mama has to cook.  Yes, I know I mentioned cooking a few sentences back, but that was more "People are coming, time to dust off the spatula and shine!" rather than "Meatloaf Monday" cooking.   There is also the laundry.  I figured uniforms were God's way of taking the guesswork out of what to wear everyday but those suckers don't wash themselves! 

It's damn hard doing everything you want and a lot of stuff you don't. 

In other news, Beyonce birthed the bazillion dollar kid, Van Halen's original line up released it's first new song in 16 years and Justin Beiber says he doesn't want a career that mirrors Hanson's.  Hah! He should be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment